“I can’t lose weight because my hormones are out of whack.”
Women who suffer from depression, fatty liver, high cholesterol level, pre –diabetes and gallbladder problems have difficulties with losing weight and staying healthy.
Unexplained weight gain has been linked with hormonal imbalance for long time. As we grow older we are more likely to have problems with hormonal imbalance.
Why Hormones Need To Be Reset
Each hormone is like a key which needs to turn a lock to be able to do its work. The “locks” are actually receptor sites. Various inflammations can affect the receptors and that is why the hormones are becoming ineffective.
Some of the hidden reasons why the receptor sites are ineffective are:
- “ Grain Drain” from wheat, rye, barley, and corn based products (which are usually genetically modified, to add insult to injury)
- Constant exposure to xenoestrogens (estrogen mimics) in our diet, environment, and even our personal care products
- Meat, dairy and eggs from animals treated with growth hormones
- Sugar, alcohol and caffeine intake (coffee, black tea, green tea, and white tea)
- High fructose intake (even from natural foods like unsweetened applesauce and tomatoes)
- Stress, EMFs (electromagnetic frequencies) and sleep deprivation
Your Personal Hormone Tune-Up
If you try to make some simple changes in your daily routine, it can really help to maintain hormonal balance and in this way you will be able to control your weight and overall health.
Estrogen is especially important hormone. When it is not balanced with the related hormone progesterone, it causes water retention, memory loss, migraine and it will also cause fat accumulation around hips and thighs. It can accelerate the aging process as well.
Tune-Up Tricks For Clean Estrogen Receptors
- Topical Progesterone crème can act against estrogen dominance.
- Avoid copper-rich foods like nuts, seeds, avocados, chocolate and shell fish. Copper is proven to be closely linked with estrogen so women who use copper IUDs or birth control pills are more likely to have problems with estrogen dominance.
- Also always wash your fruits and vegetables well to clean them from herbicides, estrogen-mimicking pesticides and fungicides.
- You must stop re-heating food in plastic containers, and drink water from glass bottle or stainless steel not from plastic one.
- Don’t use personal care products that contain endocrine disruptors like parabens and phthalates.
- Defeat excess estrogen by using two tablespoons of lignin-rich toasted cold milled flax seeds every day. Sprinkle it on your food or put it in your smoothies.
- Season soup, stew, chili or other bean dishes with 2-3 cardamom seeds. Cardamom has an amazing ability to cleanse and detoxify the liver, which is crucial for hormone balancing.
- Control the estrogen metabolism by supplementing with DIM (diindolylmethane). Take 100 mg two times a day with meals.
Insulin levels rise due to excessive intake of alcohol, sugar and caffeine. Also unhealthy meals rich in fat increase the blood sugar level, overload the receptor sites and accelerate fat accumulation. Insulin resistance occurs when the receptors are blocked which causes high sugar level and high triglycerides as well.
If you have problems with weight gain, intense and frequent hunger, lacking focus or motivation, problems with concentration, feeling anxious, fatigue then it is time to clean up your insulin receptor sites.
Tune-Up Tricks For Clean Insulin Receptors
- Drink a glass of water with 1 teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar during every meal. The acidity of ACV slows down the digestion of carbohydrates and because of this it lowers blood sugar level by up to 30%!
- First thing in the morning drink hot lemon water instead of a cup of coffee. Drinking coffee while fasting is associated with increased insulin level and decreased insulin sensitivity, claims The American Diabetes Association.
- Chromium is an important mineral for blood sugar regulation but is usually deficient in our diet. The UNI KEY Weight Loss Formula contains 400 mg of chromium, which is enough amount, so the insulin could work quickly and more efficiently.
- Use stevia instead of sugar in drinks, smoothies, and baking. Stevia is a naturally sweet-tasting herb which does not cause increased blood sugar level.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, and coriander in your meals—which are all proven to metabolize sugar.
The hormone of satiety is known as leptin. If you feel hungry soon after you have consumed your meal then you probably have clogged leptin receptors. The problem is worsened if you consume high amounts of fructose instead of healthy fats.
Tune-Up Tricks For Clean Leptin Receptors
- To solve the problem, you need to avoid food rich in fructose as it stimulates the appetite. Among those foods are: processed food and drinks which are rich in sugar. Less dangerous are: agave, tomatoes and unsweetened apple sauce.
- Consume protein within 30 minutes after waking up. Drink plant-based protein smoothie as it is scientifically proven that it cleans the leptin receptors.
- Reactivate leptin receptor sensitivity by consuming omega fatty acids 3, 6, and 9 .Black currant seed oil is rich in all of these essential fats that boost the metabolism, fight inflammation, and make your hair, skin, and fingernails shiny.
The hormone Cortisol is activated by stress, sleep deprivation and EMF exposure. Just a single night of improper sleep can raise cortisol level by 45%! A stressful situation at work is enough to overload cortisol receptors in just a few minutes, and often use of wireless devices also triggers excessive cortisol production, with the creation of over 20 heat-shock proteins. Excess cortisol level is linked with fat accumulation around the midsection, low immunity, tissue destruction, salt and sugar cravings and inflammation.
Tune-Up Tricks For Clean Cortisol Receptors
- Consume coffee with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and vanilla whey protein. Black coffee on an empty stomach increases blood sugar level, which also increases cortisol levels. With adding little healthy fat and protein can prevent the cortisol from rising.
- Do yoga and meditation. These stress-relieving activities are known to lower cortisol.
- Don’t use electronic devices one hour before bed. EMFs affect the body on a biological level and it increases cortisol level as well. So try reading a book instead of watching TV.
Thyroid is very important. When is not active, you will have problems with depression, joint pain, constipation, fatigue, impaired memory, dry skin, cold hands and feet, weak fingernails, and hair loss.
Tune-Up Tricks For Clean Thyroid Hormone Receptors
- A lot of grains contain gluten- a type of protein that is very similar to thyroid hormone so it can deceive our bodies to produce less amount of this critical hormone. Avoid gluten containing grains to naturally trigger thyroid hormone production. Wheat, spelt, rye, kamut, oats, couscous, barley, and triticale should not be consumed. Gluten free grains are taro, millet, teff, buckwheat, brown or wild rice, quinoa and amaranth. Instead of flour, you can use arrowroot or tapioca for thickening.
- Use coconut oil for cooking. This healthy fat contains medium chain fatty acids that are known to improve thyroid function and boost metabolism by 56% as well!
- Run some tests. Consult your doctor to run some thyroid test that evaluates TSH, Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3, and thyroid antibodies. But you must be aware that “normal” values of these hormones are not always the ideal level for your organism.
Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is not only responsible for growing- it plays a major role in bone strengthening and protects the heart as we grow older. The bad news is that once you turn 40, HGH production reduces by 14% every 10 years! The problem becomes even worse by excess amount of HGH in meat, dairy, and eggs which are often treated with growth hormone rBST. This unnatural hormone can deceive our bodies into producing less of our own natural HGH. Symptoms of low HGH are: muscle loss depression, depression, anxiety, high body fat percentage, anxiety, low libido and high blood pressure.
Tune-Up Tricks For Clean HGH Receptors
- Consume Montmorency tart cherries—as they are rich in melatonin. Italian researchers discovered that when participants took 5 mg of melatonin at night before bed, they had increased HGH levels by up to 157. So, drink ¼ cup tart cherry juice diluted with 1 cup of water between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Do an interval training exercise program. Try combining short periods of high intensity training with longer periods of low to moderately intense training. It will surely increase HGH production by more than 500%!
- Ground yourself. The revolutionary Earthing technology naturally increases melatonin levels and at the same time it lowers cortisol level and eliminates inflammation.
- Eliminate dairy. Although most of the milk labels claim that cows were not treated with rBST, many other dairy products are not claiming the same—think butter, yogurt, sour cream, cheese, coffee creamer, etc. Keep the synthetic HGH away from your plate!
- Consume only organic meat and eggs. USDA organic standards do not allow the use of growth hormone in animals.
The Daily Detox
Fat is not only linked with extra pounds- it also contains various toxins. Various chemicals, drug remains, heavy metals and excess hormones are also deposited in our fat cells and so, when we try to lose fat, many toxins are released into our blood.
As these toxins are really dangerous, we need to detoxify our bodies and preserve our health:
- Prepare a luxurious detox bath once or twice a week. First add 2 cups baking soda and 2 cups sea salt into a hot bath and then relax until that water cools. Put a towel around you and do not shower for 4 hours. The hot water will bring the toxins to the skin surface .As the water cools; osmosis cleans the toxins from the warm body and they end up into the cooling water. This is especially useful to alleviate jet-lag and radiation-related fatigue.
- Cleanse with Liver Lovin’ Formula, which contains taurine. Taurine is used by the liver to produce bile- which is crucial for reducing and removing heavy metals, aldehydes, chlorine, alcohol, petroleum solvents and ammonia.
- Try drinking ½ of your body weight in ounces of water each day, as well as cran-water! Cranwater and pure water are really important to keep your lymph flowing, which is crucial for toxin removal.
- Fiber up with flax and chia seeds. Their soluble and insoluble fiber make sure the toxins that are found in the digestive tract are bound and eliminated quickly. Flax and chia seeds are amazing, so try consuming 2-4 tablespoons every day!
- Try activated charcoal, which is able to absorb the toxins in the stomach